Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blackout

Since I started using Doug as an example of right wing lunacy, he's gone through various measures in order to deal with criticism. By criticism, I mean - trolling... Doug's definition of trolling that is.

The Douglass V. Gibbs definition of "trolling";

Anyone who makes a substantiated, reasoned, researched, documented argument which contradicts Doug's opinion, and who chooses to express it anywhere on the web.

In a vivid display of the conservative thought process, Doug has addressed me variously as "some leftwing blogger", "some liberal trolls", "Tom the neurotic", and probably more that I'm forgetting. Most of the time, when he argues against me, he won't actually quote or argue against what I've said. He paraphrases, picks his own meaning, and argues against that instead. In other words - straw man arguments.

However, sometimes Doug might quote small snippets of something I've written, slicing away the context of words around it, and then actually provide a link.

It remains to this day that all contradictory points of view are banned and deleted from his blog. Apparently it's hard to create quality propaganda when pesky libruls are making you look like a tool on your own blog.

Each of these methods have failed for Doug. He even created the "liberaltrollhaven" blog (that I referenced in a post below), with the promise that it would be a free forum to debate ideas. A month after he created that blog and posted one item, he deleted it without comment. I laughed and laughed when I first saw that.

Truly - Doug is a gift from Gorak to aid in the advancement of the liberal cause.

Which.. brings us to Doug's latest tack in trying to deal with the pesky libruls. It's a complete information blackout.

Somebody has told him that the best way to deal with dissension is to simply ignore it. I highly doubt that he will reference me in another of his posts. Doug frequently shifts his methodology, because that's how he thinks, but I suspect that he's going to stick with this new method for a good long while.

It has a couple benefits to him. He can think he's "above" the fray, as if it's a morally superior style. He can also avoid directing other people, particularly his own readers, to blogs like mine where we make him look stupid over and over. And, he'll never get crushed debating me again, because he simply pretends like everyone else doesn't exist.

However, Doug is nothing if not narcissistic in the extreme. Everything is always about Doug, and he can't bring himself to look away from what people are saying about him. It's great.

I know every single time he reads my blog, and it doesn't take a computer engineer to figure it out.

The last time was: Time of Visit May 1 2008 12:00:51 am

Doug is one of my most consistent and loyal readers, and I'm honored.. truly Doug. I think you're a hapless, pathetic human being, completely devoid of any real morals, integrity, substance, honor, or courage.. but I don't discriminate against anyone, simply because they are crazy. You are, as always, more than welcome to read and comment on my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home